Reliance and BP’s brand new FPSO collide off India | Techno Glob


The Ruby floating production, storage and offloading vessel for deepwater MJ gas condensate development operated by Reliance Industries off the coast of India was involved in a collision with an accommodating barge, causing minor damage to the FPSO .

Indian private sector giant Reliance confirmed the incident to Upstream on Friday and noted that “there were no injuries and there is no impact on the overall project schedule and commissioning. for the development of the Krishna Godavari basin field.

“Due to inclement weather, the gangway of the Nor Goliath accommodation barge was lifted and came into contact with the FPSO stairway, causing minor damage to the stairway,” a Reliance spokesperson said. .

The spokesman added that the Nor Goliath “moved away with the gangway” and that the gangway was inspected after being secured to the barge.

The new-build FPSO was at Kakinada anchorage when its stern struck and severely damaged the Nor Goliath’s “walk-to-work” gangway, Petrowatch, India’s leading market intelligence agency, reported on Thursday. oil industry.

Commissioning schedule

Although Reliance noted that the incident is unlikely to negatively impact the project’s commissioning schedule, Petrowatch’s report indicates that a two-week delay could be expected.

The article continues below the ad

Petrowatch claimed that “the 25,812 tonne Nor Goliath was carrying out another trial to attach the gangway to the FPSO” when the incident occurred.

Although firmly anchored, the Ruby continued to heave and roll as the swell rose.

Eventually, the FPSO rolled over and its stern struck Nor Goliath’s gangway, which had been extended, according to the report.

The Ruby suffered minor damage, but half of Nor Goliath’s gangway broke off and fell overboard, leaving the other half hanging, the report added.

The damaged part of the walkway would be under water and will have to be replaced.

An industry source pointed out that the walkway replacement could take some time, which could further impact the project schedule.

The Nor Goliath was chartered by Mumbai-based Bhambani Shipping.

Reliance Chairman Mukesh Ambani said earlier that the MJ field is expected to come online by the end of this year, helping the KG-D6 block it sits in increase its “contribution to almost 30 % of India’s gas production”.

Ruby FPSO

FPSO Ruby set sail for the MJ field from South Korea’s Samsung Heavy Industries yard last month, Upstream reported.

The double-hulled vessel has a crude production capacity of 60,000 barrels per day of liquids and about 12.7 million cubic meters per day of gas, according to Upstream.

It is expected to have a condensate production capacity of 30,000 bpd and a water treatment capacity of at least 20,000 bpd, with the potential to increase the latter.

The MJ project is one of three projects targeted by Reliance and BP as part of a $5 billion drive to boost gas production from Block KG-D6, the R-Cluster and Satellite Cluster programs have already been put into service.

The combined gas production of R-Cluster and Satellite Cluster was more than 19 MMcmd during the fiscal quarter April to June this year, according to Reliance.

Located in water depths between 600 and 1,200 meters, the MJ development comprises seven producing wells which will be connected to the FPSO via a pair of subsea drill centers.

The MJ reservoirs are approximately 2000 meters below the producing D1-D3 gas fields and the development is expected to be the third largest in the block.

Reliance holds a 66.67% operating stake in KG-D6, with BP holding the remaining 33.33%.



Source link