Another teenage girl died at the hands of Iranian security forces, reports claim Iran | Techno Glob

Another teenage girl has been killed by security forces in Iran, as protests sparked by the death of Mahsa Amini enter their third week.

Sarina Ismailzadeh, 16, who posted a popular vlog on YouTube, died on September 23 when security forces batoned her during a protest in Gohardasht, Alborz province, according to Amnesty International.

Citing a primary source, Amnesty International claimed in a statement that Ismailzadeh’s family had been subjected to “severe torture to forcibly silence them”, claims denied by Iranian officials.

Today, as news of Ismailzadeh’s death spread on social media, Iran’s Isna news agency reported that the chief judge of Alborz province said preliminary investigations showed the teenager’s death was a suicide after jumping from the roof of a five-story building, and that Ismailzadeh had a history of mental health problems.

YouTube videos of Ismailzadeh, which have gone viral on social media networks, show her listening to music, dancing and talking about her dreams of traveling. In a widely shared video, Ismailzadeh is seen singing along to Hozier’s Take Me To Church while driving with her family.

In others, she talks about women’s rights, including her rejection of the mandatory hijab, and her anger at the economic situation in Iran.

In private message groups, schoolgirls in Iran said they were planning weekend protests in solidarity with Ismailzadeh and Nika Shakrami, 17-year-old schoolgirls who went missing on September 20 and were tortured to death by Iranian security forces.

Despite claims that Shakrami was beaten and raped, and her body was stolen from her family and buried without their consent, Iranian authorities said that Shakrami committed suicide by jumping off the roof of a building.

This week, however, Shakrami’s mother accused Iranian authorities of her daughter’s murder, claiming they tried to force her to issue a statement saying Shakrami had taken her own life.

IRNA news agency reported on Friday that an Iranian coroner’s report on the death of Mahsa Amini, a 22-year-old woman who died after being detained by Iran’s morality police and sparked widespread protests, concluded that she did not die. She suffered head and limb injuries but multiple organ failure after a fall while in custody due to cerebral hypoxia, “due to underlying diseases”.

Source link